QUICKLY BUILD LASTING GARDENING SKILLS * GROW YOUR THRIVING DREAM GARDEN NOW
Not all bee removal services use poisons.
There are other options bee removal services instead of toxin-spraying exterminators. So, tere’s no need to reach for a can of toxic nastiness and attempt to spray away nuisance stinging insects. In fact, you’ll probably just get stung in the process if you try. And, you don’t have to hire a pesticide applicator to do the nasty job for you either. And that’s good news, because they’ll probably leave behind toxic residues. And, they might leave active nests intact too. Better yet, there are a number of experienced beekeepers for hire who will do bee removals of all kinds without pesticides.
And, do you actually need a bee removal service anyway?
Just because you have a bee or hornet nest in your garden, doesn’t mean you need to have them removed. So, for example:
Bumblebees may be extracted & adopted to a new home:
- If bumblebees have nested in a corner of your garden
- And, that area doesn’t get high traffic, just leave them alone.
- As well, be thankful they’ve taken up residence for their brief pollinating season.
- That’s because bumblebees aren’t aggressive if you leave them alone.
- Plus, your garden will benefit from their good works.
- And, when the season has ended, they won’t return to the same spot the following year.
- Plus, if they have nested in the ground and you have them extracted, they may not survive the move.
- But, if they’ve taken up residence in an old birdhouse a beekeeper might take the whole house & move it to a better spot.
- And, the bees probably will survive the move.
Honeybee removals may be put to good use:
- If you aren’t a honeybee keeper, you may not want a swarm of honeybees.
- Especially if they decide to to move into the cavity of a hollow tree in your garden
- or the inside of your bar-b-que or hot tub.
- Fortunately, professional bee extractors will often remove open-air honeybee swarms without fee.
- And whenever possible, they’ll put that swarm to good work in their apiaries.
- But, if the honeybees have moved into the walls of your home or other tricky spots, there may be costs involved in the extraction.
What about bee extractions for paper wasps & hornets:
- This is a pretty big group of nasty stingers.
- But in general, these are the varieties that build open-faced papery nests.
- And, they tend to build them in places like the eaves of your front porch
- Or under your deck.
- And, some create those big cyclone looking papery nests.
- As well, some will dwell in the ground, too.
- And, some are very aggressive .
- But many are very docile.
- That is until you start spraying the nest or poking it with a stick.
- So, while hornets and wasps do have beneficial purposes, you may not want them building a fortress by your front door.
- But, again, it is possible to do bee removal on these stingers without toxins.
- However, you’ll probably pay a small fee.
Want to keep big hives from forming in the first place?
- In late winter/early spring, you may see solitary, giant versions of all kinds of bees stumbling out of mulch piles.
- And, you’ll likely see them chewing on garden wood.
- That’s because these early birds are queen bees.
- And queens are the bees that overwinter.
- Then, they wake up early to start building nests and broods.
- So, dispatching with a single queen early is a way to keep unwanted bees at bay.
- And that means no costly bee removal fees later.
So, who can you hire for poison-free bee removal?
In Seattle, Dan the Bee Man. does extractions of all sorts of bees. And, Dan’s even gone the extra mile to help relocated bumblebees to new homes.
In Skagit County, WA: Check the SVBA Swarm list page for honeybee removals. In fact, Jen Minton, who is listed on this page also offers wasp and hornet extractions. But, do plan to pay fee for her hard work.
If you are outside these areas, contact your local beekeeping associations or agriculture extension office for local referrals to the right poison-free bee removal service near you. If you happen to offer poison-free bee removal services in your area, please leave a comment below to help folks in your area find you.
I’ve actually got a large nest of bees that showed up in my yard not too long ago. The last thing I want is to nuke the hive with pesticides, but I also don’t want to leave them there because I have a son that enjoys playing in the yard. If anything, I’d much prefer to have a professional come to remove and relocate them for me.
Trying to drown the hive definitely does not work! My mom tried that several years ago and ended up with some nasty stings. She ran in the house and brought a few of the bees in with her! Better to just have a professional handle it, especially if you have children around.
I would rather just have someone come and get rid of the bees rather than try and do it myself! I would hate to get stung and cause even more problems! I don’t like the idea of creating angry bees or wasps.
I will remove
Honey bees, Mason bees, & Bumble bees in Northeast Ohio.
I went to start getting my garden ready last weekend, and there was a huge bee hive back there. Honestly, I have no idea what kind they are, if they are bumblebees or honeybees. Either way though, I need to hire someone to come take care of them for me, to move them somewhere where they won’t be such a bothersome.
smart thoughtful guy!!
My husband and I have a huge nest of bees by our garage door and we’re hoping to find a great removal service before one of our kids gets stung. So thank you for mentioning that a lot of extractors may actually take them away for free since they can use them in their apiaries. We’ll still be looking for a professional bee removal service since we’re fairly sure they’re not honeybees, but we’ll definitely keep that in mind for the future.