This herbal G&T is a tasty one!
When lime prices shot through the roof one summer, I had to come up with a no lime gin and tonic cocktail recipe. That’s because G&Ts are my summer happy hour favorite.
Fortunately, it wasn’t hard to come up with a tasty drink that required no lime fruits at all. In fact, I had all I needed growing in my summer garden. Now, full disclosure: it does contain lime, but not the lime fruit you usually find in a gin and tonic. Instead, it’s a leaf. Yep, a lime leaf. And, that’s not the only herbal flavor making this fizzy summer cocktail extra tasty and unique.
By reading & making this recipe, you acknowledge you are of legal drinking age. Otherwise, you are invited to leave now.
Want to learn to make your own herbal tonic syrup?
Our herbal happy hour garden-to-bar program, includes lessons in growing amazing plants and transforming them into unique cocktails. This includes making back bar mixers like amazing tonic syrup that tastes better than store bought.
Herbal No Lime Gin & Tonic Cocktail RecipePrint
By reading & making this recipe, you acknowledge you are of legal drinking age.
- 2 shots high quality gin
- 1 fresh cucumber spear
- 3 (or more) sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 Makrut lime leaves
- high quality tonic water
Technique to make a no lime gin & tonic:
- Place 2 sprigs cilantro & 2 lime leaves in a bar shaker.
- Crush several times with a muddler.
- Add gin and stir with bar spoon about 20-30 times.
- Place cucumber spear into a collins glass.
- Strain infused gin into glass over cucumber.
- Slightly bruise the remaining lime leaf & add it to the glass.
- Top with several ice cubes.
- Pour in tonic to top everything off.
- Garnish with a flowering sprig of cilantro.
Enjoy your herbal no lime gin and tonic.